Thursday, December 10, 2009

Weight Loss Tip - Choose Lean Protein Sources

Some protein sources are very high fat (bacon) while others are nearly fat-free and low in calories (egg whites). Since each gram of fat contains over twice the calories as protein or carbohydrates, you want to limit the high fat versions. Some of the best choices include skinless chicken breast, turkey breast, egg whites, albacore tuna, halibut and top round meat. You can also include whey protein powders into your diet which provide a very low calorie protein source and tastes great when mixed with a small amount of fruit and blended as a smoothie. Here is a list of lean protein foods to include in your weight loss plan:

* Chicken breast (skin removed)
* Turkey breast (skin removed)
* Egg whites
* Fish fillet (flounder, sole, scrod, cod, etc.)
* Shellfish (clams, lobster, scallop, shrimp)
* Lean beef (top round)
* Tuna (albacore canned in water)
* Non-fat cottage cheese
* Beans (black beans, kidney, chick peas or lentils)

8 comments:

  1. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great post, helped me out a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello
    Weight Loss Tip - Choose Lean Protein Sources
    Amazing blog post as always! I am very glad to see your post, I located what I was in search of here
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    This can be 1 of the top blogs I've actually arrive throughout on this subject. I liked this blog post.
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Designer Clothing There are many option to give your dad and make father's day memorable. I think wireless reading device is more useful if he likes to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brave Heart Sportswear I am really enjoying reading your well written website. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your website. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new article. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice, I am very impressed about this site information

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice, I am very impressed about this site information
    paper writer

    ReplyDelete